20 October 2009

Kelana Jaya Charity Line Dance


.
On 17th October, a group of 400 ladies and men, happily dance to the tune of joy ! The blast sound of music has turn the ballroom of 3K Sports Comples in Subang jaya, into a dance hall ! Not only the participants have a good time; 20 kids from Compassion Home , for the first time able to have fun watching and dancing with the group.


.
I was invited by the organiser Sam & Grace Dance Group (USJ5) to officiate the function, and help to raise the fund together with the sale of tickets to a total sum of RM10,000/=. One could not help, not to be energised by the excitement shown by the participants once step into the hall.

Mr.George from Compassion Home received the cheque from Mr.Sam
.
Out of the so many teams participanted in the competition, 10 teams were judged to be the best. Champion goes to The Starlet, 1st and 2nd runner up are World Dancers and True line, the remaining 7 teams received consolation prizes.



The Starlet, Champion of Kelana Jaya Charity Line Dance Competition.

.

.

A group photography of 10 best teams together with Guests and Children from Compassion Home

.
The fun started as early as 10am in the morning until 5.30pm in the afternoon. On top of all excitement and fun, 25 lucky draw were picked from the tickets' number. The lucky recipients run to the stage with their friends' applause that rocked the hall.I am impressed and surprised by their energy level. I really hope we have the opportunity to continue to bring the community closer, build a "Kampung" in the city.

.
Below was the speech delivered by me for the above function:


Good Afternoon. Since today is Deepavali, I better say the only word that I know in Tamil “Vaniqum”. I would also take this opportunity to say Happy Deepavali to all my friends who celebrate this festival.


It is a rare occasion that we have 400 ladies and children, group under 1 roof in Subang Jaya, under the Kelana Jaya Parliament constituency, to enjoy line dance, to shower our love to the lovely kids from Compassion Home, and also join our Indian brothers and sisters to celebrate Deepavali. And, this is the special feature that one can find, only in Malaysia.

.
I have to take this opportunity to thank Sam & Grace, they have taken much initiative to learn and teach Line Dance in Subang Jaya & USJ for many years. With their enthusiasm and determination, we find ladies and men from all age groups and background, are able to dance gracefully and beautifully. I can even imagine how they dance in kitchen and sing in bathroom, practicing hard for this competition, to the amusement of their spouse and children and grandchildren.

.
I will now take this opportunity to introduce my friends from MCA, who keep me company since I took over the leadership of MCA Kelana Jaya Division as the only lady chair person in Selangor.


.
I have said this recently in Sunway Pyramid celebrating Malam Mesra Raya Tanglung. I would like to say it again. MCA has always been here, rain or shine, tsunami or not; we do not run away from our responsibilities as community and political leaders. We do not deserted our supporters, neither the residents. We are always around to stretch out our hands when possible. That is why when Sam and Grace Dance group share with me their idea about this charity line dance, I immediately response and said I will round up whatever you raised through the sale of tickets, to support not only this activity but the Compassion Home.
.
.
Whatever happened in last General Election, has made us aware that we have to work harder. We will not only work on local issues, but work even harder on issues that we and the Rakyat both cannot accept and tolerate. Give us a chance to prove that, we can be as good, if not better.

.
I understand from Amelia, Jenny and Ann, this Charity line dance is one of its first kind in Kelana Jaya. They have organized Mother Day Line Dance for past 5 years, in their favourite place Lakeview Club. But this is the first time they took up the challenge to organize in this big scale, they have many sleepless nights and so much of running to put this in place, let shower them with your warm applause.


I wish everyone have a good time, let your hair down, not your pants. I announce that the charity line dance is now officially opened. Thank you.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment